Confined space entry permit toolbox talk.
A confined space entry permit is a permit required before you work in a permit required confined space. Not all confined space is permit required. It is a tool to control the work and ensure that all the available hazards are under control before the commencement of the work.
A responsible person must issue such a permit to a competent worker before the work, and all necessary control measures are in place.
Standard confined space entry permit requirements
- Name of the space to be entered for the work.
- Purpose of the entry.
- Authorised entrants’ names.
- Authorised dates and duration.
- The means of identifying the entrants when they are in a confined space.
- Name of the attendants that will be on the watch for the entrants.
- Name of the supervisor in charge of the work.
- Hazards inherent in the confined space
- Control measures for the hazards
- Acceptable entry conditions.
- Results of various tests carried out with the dates and time.
- Rescue and emergency contact.
- Communication procedures.
- Equipment for the activity, such as PPE, testing equipment, and Alarm system.
- Other necessary information.
Additional things to note for in confined space entry permit
- The permit is for a confined space with the potential for a hazardous atmosphere.
- The permit is for a confined space with material that can engulf a worker.
- The permit is issued when the walls of the space can entrap an entrant when measures are not in place or presence of a physical hazard.
- Make sure you undergo training before you enter a confined space.
- Ensure there is a permit before the commencement of your work.
- Be knowledgeable about the confined space entry procedure before you embark on it.
- Provide Full protection equipment, ventilation and other necessary equipment as seen by the permit.
- Do not access the confined space as a lone worker. So dangerous to be a lone worker at the site.
- Make sure there is an adequate rescue plan in place for all entrants.
- Reasons why a worker needs to stay healthy
- key responsibilities of audit team members
- Must do things you need to know before you enrol for ISO 45001:2018 STANDARD lead auditor course.
- How to identify hazards on a work site
- Where is the best place for a muster point?
- complacency in safety toolbox talk
- Tips on writing a great minute during the safety and health meeting
- Toolbox talk on Wheelbarrow safety.
- Establishing a Quality Management System in an Organisation.
- What to do if a worker fails to follow a safe work procedure in a workplace.
- 5 Health and Safety Rules Every Woodworker Should Know.
- How to use PDCA cycle in occupational health and safety standard ISO 45001:2018.
- 6 Smart Ways to Boost Forklift Safety and Increase Efficiency at Loading Docks & Worksites
- Benefits of ISO 14001-5 key benefits on why we have ISO 14001:2015