A worker working with Edwards Engineering (Perth) Limited did maintenance work on a grain dryer at East of Scotland Farmers on 28 June 2020.
HSE news from all over the world with updates from all industries such as construction, health, hospitality, restaurants, public offices, real estate, factories, pharmaceuticals, Oil and gas, energy, and so on.
This category will get you acquainted with the latest hse news from health and safety organisations and keep you up to date on these matters in the industry and beyond.
The hse news & Updates cover topics from
- COSHH control of substances hazardous to health.
- RIDDOR- reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrence regulations and their best practises all over the world.
- LOLER-lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations.
- The management of health and safety at Work Regulations 1992.
- The working time regulation 1998.
- PUWER- The provision and use of work equipment Regulation 1998
- Fire regulation 2023.
- The Ionizing Radiation Regulation 2017.
- The health and safety at work HASAWA Act 1974
- The health and safety (Display screen equipment) regulation 1992.
- The personal protective equipment at work regulation 1992
- The first aid at work regulations 1981.
- Manual handling operations regulations 1992.
Other Local hse regulations in Nigeria are below.
- National Health Act,2014.
- Employees’ Compensation Act, 2010.
- Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) Act, 2007.
- National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) Act, 2007& Subsidiary Regulations.
- Nigerian Minerals and Mining Act, 2007.
- Nigerian Minerals and Mining Regulations, 2011.
- Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection Act, CAP. N142, LFN. 2004.
- Nigerian Basic Ionizing Radiation Regulations, 2003.
- Nigerian Radiation Safety in Nuclear Medicine Regulations, 2006.
- Petroleum Act, CAP. P10, LFN. 2004.
- Mineral Oils (Safety) Regulations, 1997.
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority Act (NCAA), 2006.
- Nigerian Maritime Administration And Safety Agency (NIMASA) Act, 2007.
- Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA) Act, 2015.
- Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON)Act, 2014.
- Fire Service Act, CAP. 146, LFN, 1990.
- Lagos State Safety Commission(LSC) Law, 2011.
Farmer fined after friends had to climb tree to escape cow attack.
A woman and her friend had to climb up a tree to escape an attack by more than a dozen cows on a public right of way in North Yorkshire.
A care home has been fined because they didn’t do enough to protect people from vulnerable patients who are dangerous to themselves
Health and safety executive HSE has reminded the employers of their responsibilities to keep workers safe because of the first spell of cold weather that will hit the country.
Mr Joshua Pitman,28, undertook a gas work on 18 April 2020 at a home in south Woodham Ferrers, Essex. The job involved installing a gas pipework.
A food processing company named Belwood Foods has been fined after the worker’s arm was drawn into the machinery and caused injury
The Afrisafe Congress 2023 is the largest annual project that brings professionals together to raise awareness, collaborate and celebrate the achievement of health, safety, security and environment across Africa.
A furniture company has been fined on two separate occasions for identical breaches of health and safety regulations regarding dust failures
A 63-year-old worker was preparing a load of trailers in his lorry for delivery to a site in Germany. While at that, he climbed to reach the top of his lorry. He had one foot on the loading bay and one foot on the back of another lorry.
The worker had fallen from that height of 1.25 metres onto the concrete floor when the adjacent lorry was driven away. He sustained a head injury and later died at the Royal Stoke Hospital on 16 May 2020.
On August 2021, A 55-year-old operator working a night shift with a manufacturing company called Alpha Solway Limited lost parts of his two fingers when his hand got caught in a facemask-producing machine. What leads to the loss of fingers? The Operator spotted a problem… Read More »Company fined after worker loses parts of fingers
A farmer, Mr Richard Palfrey hired two teenage workers, 19 and 16 years old to work on his farm. The work is to move material with a dumper as part of improvement works at Upper Kingswells farm in the village of long down in Exeter. While Operating the dumper, it overturned on a steep incline. The 19-year-old ended up in an intensive care.
the HSE found out that the company do not comply with the minimum requirements of welfare facility arrangements; the toilet provided was not flushable and was in a room without a door or window coverings
On 31 August 2021, Renka Limited workers began the installation of a roof light in a house in Frodsham, Cheshire. They were to use a tower scaffold for the job.
A customer contracted Peter Read, an engineer, to install a new gas central heating boiler in January 2020. A few days after the work, the customer experienced problems with the boiler
The company was fined £800,000 after an employee suffered serious burns following a large explosion.
An employee of international paint limited of Stonegate lane suffered a serious burn following an explosion in their factory.
The health and safety executive (HSE)UK was on November 2022, released its annual health and safety statistics on work-related ill health and workplace injuries. Health and safety executives (HSE) are the workplace regulator in Britain with the responsibility of supervising, monitoring and inspecting workplaces to… Read More »HSE publishes annual work-related ill-health and injury statistics for 2021/22