The health and safety executive (HSE)UK was on November 2022, released its annual health and safety statistics on work-related ill health and workplace injuries.
Health and safety executives (HSE) are the workplace regulator in Britain with the responsibility of supervising, monitoring and inspecting workplaces to ensure a safe work environment.
From the statistics, an estimated 1.8 million working people are suffering from work-related illnesses. In this figure, we have 914000 workers suffering from work-related stress, depression and anxiety.
477000 workers are suffering from a work-related musculoskeletal disorder
123000 workers are suffering from Covid-19 from exposure to coronavirus at work.
More on the annual HSE annual work-related ill-health and injury statistics 2021/2022.
- 2,544 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2020)
- 123 workers killed in work-related accidents
- 565,000 working people sustained an injury at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 61,713 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 36.8 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £18.8 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2019/20)
- Health board fined £160,000 after employees diagnosed with Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
- A demolition firm and director were prosecuted after a 20-year-old labourer crushed
- A company was fined £800,000 after a worker suffers injuries at a chocolate factory
- What is the difference between ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001?
- Must do things you need to know before you enrol for ISO 45001:2018 STANDARD lead auditor course.
- A guide for your IOSH MEMBERSHIP
- A complete guide on how to get a health and safety job in Nigeria; Starting and growing a career in HSE.
- Main characteristics of a permit space(permit-required confined space)
- 7 Benefits of consulting with employees in matters relating to health and safety
Onyeka Emma is a QHSE Professional, a business person, and an entrepreneur. He is very passionate about health and safety, Business and Entrepreneurship.