Horseplay at work can cause problems for workers on-site or at the office. Horseplay is a rough play in which people behave in a silly way. They hit and push each other when they engage in horseplay.
Things horseplay can cause at the workplace.
- Horseplay can make a worker not concentrate on his work, and the person involved is fooling around at work.
- Horseplay can cause accidents when you direct such to people. Since they are not expecting the distraction, it could easily make them fall into a moving machine part or slip on the floor.
- Horseplay can make you have less concentration on the safe work procedure, hence exposing you to hazards that can cause injuries.
- Horseplays are unsafe acts. Unsafe acts are among the cause of accidents in the workplace.
What can you do to prevent or control horseplay at work?
- Ensure that all employees follow the safety rules in place in the office. If there are no existing rules, you should create one and disseminate the information to all employees.
- Avoid throwing tools at the workplace.
- Avoid playing with your PPE at any time during your work. Doing this may expose you or another to injury or harm.
- Avoid overspeeding with moving equipment for this may collide with workers in the environment.
- Avoid running around with a hand truck. Move it in the best safer way. Running around with a hand truck could spill a load on someone.
- The company was fined £800,000 after an employee suffered serious burns following a large explosion.
- What is the difference between a stage 1 audit and a stage 2 audit?
- Scrap metal company fined after worker loses four fingers
- How often should you do an internal audit in compliance with the ISO management system?
- What is the context of the organisation according to the ISO management system?
- What are the responsibilities of safety supervisors?
- Health board fined £160,000 after employees diagnosed with Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
- Crsp certification: How to become a Canadian registered safety professional
Onyeka Emma is a QHSE Professional, a business person, and an entrepreneur. He is very passionate about health and safety, Business and Entrepreneurship.