Exclusive Oriental Classics Ltd, and the director Mr Kian Hoo Tay, has been fined by the Luton Magistrates Court for not having the right insurance.
The company director appeared on 10th October 2022 at Luton Magistrate court for failing to have Employers’ Liability (Compulsory) Insurance (ELCI).
Health and Safety Executive (HSE) presented an investigation to the court. They discovered the failure of not having insurance when a company employee was injured at work on 1 March 2022.
The company was later fined £1,650, a victim surcharge of £165 and ordered to pay costs of £1750 for breaching Section 1(1) of the Employers’ Liability (Compulsory) Insurance Act 1969.
The court fined Mr Kian Hoo Tay in the same manner.
- What are your rights to compensation when you have an injury at work?
- 7 ways to improve employee safety at your facility
- When is it necessary to put a casualty in a recovery position?
- What is the difference between conformance, conformity and compliance?
- Who should conduct an accident investigation?
- 5 Health Benefits of Regular Exercise for Men
- What is a Riser Room?
- Hazards in sewer systems: 5 ways to prevent them from causing harm.
- What is a Safe Working Load (SWL)?
- What does it mean for your company to get certified to ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS?
- How to use PDCA cycle in occupational health and safety standard ISO 45001:2018.
- Benefits of ISO 14001-5 key benefits on why we have ISO 14001:2015
- What are the responsibilities of safety supervisors
- Brief explanations of the three ISO management system standards every health and safety professional needs to know
- How to Audit a Quality Management System with ISO 9001-2015 Standard.
- Brief explanations of the three ISO management system standards every health and safety professional needs to kno
Onyeka Emma is a QHSE Professional, a business person, and an entrepreneur. He is very passionate about health and safety, Business and Entrepreneurship.