Workplace safety is very important. Everything in the workplace has a connection with safety. And one of the best decision a company or an organisation can make is to implement an effective workplace safety program for everyone in the workplace. In most companies, safety and production go hand in hand.
However, having a safe workplace will ensure a lot of advantages such as listed below.
- Productive work environment created.
- There would be a drop in the number of workers being absent from work.
- There is a high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping.
- It encourages a happier worker.
- It offers protection for people.
- Safety programs enable a company to win and retain customers.
- The brand value and goodwill enhancement for a company.
1. PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT CREATED.
When the management handles a safety program properly by fulfilling their part of the program or responsibility. We’ll have a good safety culture, and most risky behaviours workers do exhibit will reduce.
2. THERE WILL BE DROP IN NUMBER OF WORKERS BEING ABSENT FROM WORK.
The safe environment promotes the presence of workers on site and to be healthy to perform work. And because safety is being practised, the workers themselves are not easily exposed to things that can cause them harm. They will always go back the same way they came. And when being exposed to an unsafe environment they may get an injury, or become sick or get exhausted and these may contribute to them being absent from work.
3. THERE IS HIGH STANDARD OF CLEANLINESS AND HOUSEKEEPING.
In Workplaces where safety is being practised very well, there is a rise in high standards of cleanliness and good housekeeping. Cleanliness and good housekeeping encourage people to keep Items and things in their proper place at all times. You cannot find any material that is out of place on such a worksite.
4. IT ENCOURAGES A HAPPIER EMPLOYEE.
When workplace safety is good, Employees are happy. They are happy because the management cares about their safety and welfare. They are always ever ready to come to work on any given day. And also report unsafe acts, incidents and near-misses themselves effortlessly.
5. IT OFFERS PROTECTION FOR PEOPLE.
Good safety program offers protection to employees. In all organisations, Workers are the most valuable company asset. Workers are the ones that drive the production. During their work, they are exposed to different risks and hazards which would be eliminated with a good safety program. And it protects the workers from injuries and accidents with low Injuries and accidents rates
6. SAFETY PROGRAMS ENABLE A COMPANY TO WIN AND RETAIN BUSINESS CUSTOMERS.
Most of all, companies do win contracts and maintain their clients because their workers work safely. No client will like to do business with any contractor that has a lousy safety program, or that has a terrible record of fatalities from their previous jobs.
7. THE BRAND VALUE AND GOODWILL ENHANCEMENT FOR A COMPANY.
The company will have a good brand value to the public, clients, and their customers as well. They will always talk good about such a company for their excellent safety program. It will create a positive view that such a company committed to health and safety is superb
Onyeka Emma is a QHSE Professional, a business person, and an entrepreneur. He is very passionate about health and safety, Business and Entrepreneurship.